Killing of Billy Singleton in Texas in 1946
Billy Singleton (1913 - 1946), a laborer, was killed by police officers L. Y. Johnson and W. E. Andrews in Jefferson County, Texas. The officers were attempting to arrest Singleton on a drunkenness charge when they shot and killed him..
advocacy group resources
- News article from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about criminal appeals, including that of Billy Singleton : February 22, 1940
- News article from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about the proceedings of the Court of Criminal Appeals, including Billy Singleton's motion for rehearing : April 4, 1940
- News article from the Tyler Morning Telegraph about boxing match that included Billy Singleton : September 27, 1932
- News article from the Corsicana Daily Sun about the denial of Billy Singleton's appeal and the results of other appeals : April 3, 1940
- News article from the Austin American-Stateman about Billy Singleton's appeal and other court records : February 21, 1940
- News article from the Austin American-Statesman about various civil and criminal cases : February 21, 1940
- Journalism: 2022-03717-SINGLETON Billy (1408584902)
- News article from the Fort Worth Star Telegram about various criminal and supreme court proceedings in Texas : February 22, 1940
To learn more about data fields, refer to the data dictionary.
Refer to how to cite.